Features & Customizations
Astrophysics passion for R&D has led us to develop the industry’s best-in-class x-ray imaging software to identify threats and safeguard communities around the world. Designed and assembled in the U.S., our product line offers unparalleled value and more standard features than any other x-ray security manufacturer in the industry. Further, more than 50% of Astrophysics products are customized and built to order. Our focus on providing integrated and customizable solutions ensures we meet the security needs of our customers and partners.
Unlike competitors, Astrophysics proudly sources from U.S. vendors, manufactures within the U.S., and ships units directly from our headquarters outside Los Angeles, CA for the highest quality products. Our unique ability to have engineering and manufacturing under one roof enables us to quickly design, engineer, build and deliver custom products with incredible quality and lead times.
- 6 Color Imaging: Astrophysics was the first in the industry to develop 6 Color Imaging, assigning distinct colors to objects based on their material composition (atomic Z-number). This advancement increased the number of represented colors within a single image, providing greater clarity and distinction. This allows operators to better distinguish threats and is now seen as an industry standard.
- Windows Operating System with Intel® Core™ Processor: Standard on all machines, we provide this user friendly platform for operators worldwide.
- Real-Time Diagnostics: Engineered to improve serviceability and reduce scanner downtime, Astrophysics’ Real-Time Diagnostics was the first in the industry to continuously monitor voltage, x-ray generator, e-stop status, entry/exit sensors, temperature, and other components of the systems performance.
- Enhanced Imaging™(EI) Software: This Astrophysics exclusive software provides an unmatched level of image clarity. Our EI™ software automatically optimizes x-ray images in real time, even as the screened object crosses the screen. Our series of algorithms and software filters perform instantaneous “enhancement” of the image to provide increased detail and improved contrast, eliminating the need for operators to apply imaging features manually, increasing accuracy, efficiency and throughput
- Threat Image Projection (TIP): Software system that periodically inserts a threat object into scanned images, allowing supervisors to evaluate an operator’s screening abilities to test their effectiveness.
- Screener Assist (SA): Objects in question are automatically outlined aiding operators to identify difficult threats, such as explosives or narcotics, which can commonly be mistaken for other organic materials.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Software: This optional feature enables operators to easily detect guns, knives, and other harmful weapons.
Our superior imaging technology, relentless innovation, and commitment to customer service has made Astrophysics the global brand of choice for x-ray security. For more information, contact email@example.com